Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to save a Princess Part five

Standing before a full length, hand-crafted mirror, Princess Desmorelda started defiantly as a creature no one else had yet to witness, reflected back at her. 

“Well, its been a while, Priiinceeesss,” Hissed the creature, her snake like tongue slipping out between her lips as she spoke.
“We have a problem.” Said the Princess simply as she starred into the creatures small, yellow eyes that looked like tiny flames in her green, molten skin.
“I was wondering when you would realise this,” said the creature, “That boy…”
“He is barely a boy Serpentina,” declared the Princess.
“Oh! You like him don’t you,” Serpentina laughed, a full scale belly laugh, “Why that is so precious, and how on earth do you think that is going to work Princess? Do you think he would learn to love me too.”
“Don’t be absurd,” said the Princess bitterly, “I am well aware not to foolishly let any into my heart while you reside within me. I need to get rid of him, I need to get rid of all the mirrors in this Kingdom before I figure how to let him go and you… you need to keep a low profile.”

“Why would I do that Priiinceeessss? After years, I finally get to have a bit of fun!!” Serpentina hissed.
“Because if you don’t, I will not take you to see mother and fathers grave.” Replied the Princess briskly.
“And why would I want to see them?” Serpentina  asked this time looking down at the ground, a hint of sadness passed her eyes.
“You know why,” declared the Princess as she reached to put the mirror away and as she did this her beautiful hazel eyes flashed a bright yellow and a shiver ran pass her.




No comments:

Post a Comment