Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to save a Princess Part four

Princess Desmorelda watched Sir Donavan as he began to explain a series of unfortunate events which led to him landing up at her castle.


“I am sure you are familiar with the infamous Prince Charmin?” Prince Donavan began, the Princesses eyes became dark and she nodded.
“Well, it all started when I helped him overcome the beautiful Snew Whites, Step mother, so that he could marry the Princess and that is when I was knighted Sir Donavan.”
“Yes, I remember that, the poor girl was only seventeen at that time...” Princess Desmorelda commented.
“Yes, what a devastating life she lived, first her evil step mother and then Prince Charmin divorcing her to marry Cindera...”
“How is dear Snew White doing?” asked Princess Desmorelda with concern.
“She fairs well, she is living with her little friends in the Forrest, locked away from the world’s eyes, much like you are.” 
“Well, good for her, what does this have to do with you landing up outside my castle?” the Princess asked.
“I’m getting there dear Princess,” Sir Donovan replied gently, “Well, after the Prince married Cindera, he discovered there was an even younger, more beautiful Princess, and so he summoned me.”
Sir Donovan paused and looked away, his fists clenched at his sides as he seethed in anger.
“Well, I think you are referring to myself?” guessed the Princess.

“Yes, yes I am,” replied Sir Donovan in a husky voice, “The Prince summoned me and asked me to assess the situation with the fair Princess locked away in the glass castle, I humbly refused to do any such thing as he has a beautiful wife and did not want to ruin yet another Princesses life. As you may guess, the Prince was not entirely happy with being told no, so he threatened to have me beheaded. I was imprisoned that night. That is the last I remember, fair maiden. The next thing I know I was dumped outside this castle with a bloody leg and nowhere to hide. I can only assume that the moment I leave this castle, Prince Charmin’s men will capture me, demand information and have me beheaded.”

The Princess starred at Sir Donovan in awe, she was not certain if he was being entirely honest with her, but she had no choice but to trust him. The manner in which he revealed his story showed her that there was truth behind his words. Now, he left the Princess in an awkward situation, for she could not risk Sir Donovan finding out her secret, but neither could she allow him to go out of her castle and face his impending death. The Princess got up and gracefully excused herself from the dinner table, without saying a word about what Sir Donovan had just revealed.



Princess Desmorelda walked up to her bedroom and closed the door shut behind her, she reached deep into her cupboard and pulled out a huge mirror that was covered in an old musky cloth. Lying this against the wall, the Princess, after many, many years, pulled the cloth off the mirror. She stood away and looked at the long, graceful mirror with its hand sculptured golden frame. With a deep sigh and a heavy heart the Princess stepped in front of the mirror and gasped as a version of herself, that no one else had ever seen reflected back at her....

No comments:

Post a Comment